Responsible for providing and coordinating comprehensive care to patients of all ages through the proper utilization of evaluation, planning and implementation of a treatment plan in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines. Serves as a role model in the delivery of professional services and is a clinical resource for staff and students.
Highlights & Benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Memorial Childcare
- Mental Health Services
- Growth Opportunities
- Continuing Education
- Local and National Discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance & Voluntary Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program & Colleague Wellness
- Adoption Assistance
- Serve as a role model in the delivery of O.T. treatment.
- Provides high quality patient care in service areas/clinics as assigned.
- Facilitates effective team work and participates in the clinical development and supervision of assistants.
- Pursues self education and maintains skills attending continuing education programs, department in-services, reviewing literature and research in order to stay abreast of clinical developments in the field.
- Demonstrates support for and participates as requested in accomplishing MHS, departmental and team goals and objectives.
- Complies with Agency policies, procedures and protocols; professional standards; JCAHO; and Medicare Conditions of Participation.
- Complies with Agency standards of productivity for the department.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement (Quality Initiative measures) including efforts to improve patient outcomes. (Oasis)
- Adheres to MHS Behavioral Standards.
- Is accountable for all equipment in his/her position including but not limited to, laptop computer, FAX machine, and Rehab equipment.
- Evaluates treatment needs of assigned physician referred patients.
- Determines and implements plan to accomplish treatment goals within appropriate time frames.
- Provides appropriate feedback to physician, department, and other team members and maintains required documentation.
- Contributes to the maintenance of a satisfactory work environment.
- Assists in development of occupational therapy programs.
- Completes patient care documentation in a timely manner according to department policy.
- Maintains skills in treatment procedure through utilization of in-service and continuing education opportunities and expertise of other clinical staff personnel.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Illinois Occupational Therapist license required.
- CPR certification required.
- Must possess valid IL driver’s license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy (5 year MVR will be required). Must have availability of personal vehicle with proof of insurance.
Minimum of two years experience in Home Health or 5 years general clinical experience required
- Consistently meets expectations at the staff level I for patient care and clinical skills.
- Universal Precautions Category I.
- Will accept a MHSvcs car for business purposes only as deemed necessary by geography/mileage.
- Achieve and maintain 9-14 points on Rehab Clinical Ladder grid.