Performs daily cleaning and supplying of areas throughout Springfield Memorial Hospital and its properties in accordance with the standard procedures of the Environmental Services Department and Infection Prevention and Control department.
Night, Full-Time [05:00PM - 01:30AM]
- Understands how soiling occurs and the difference between soluble and insoluble soil and what occurs during the cleaning process.
- Keeps cleaning cart and Environmental Services closet clean, stocked, and organized as described by department policy.
- Understands the specific use of all Environmental Services chemicals and their dilution rates.
- Performs hard surface floor dust mopping and hard surface floor wet/microfiber mopping.
- Vacuums carpeted surfaces utilizing an upright vacuum cleaner.
- Handles and disposes all waste streams generated including regulated waste in the hospital setting.
- Cleans and handles intravenous pumps (IV or Sigma Smart Pumps).
- Cleans in-patient rooms daily.
- Performs A.I.D.E.T. (acknowledge, introduce, duration, explanation, thank you) and Greet and Feet techniques as described in policy and has a general understanding of how they affect a 3rd party patient survey process.
- Performs discharge/transfer cleaning procedures in both the in-patient and out-patient settings.
- Performs and has a solid understanding of all isolation cleaning and precaution procedures utilizing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- Responsible for office cleaning, conference room cleaning and furniture set-up/arrangement.
- Proficient in, performs, and has a solid understanding of the unique cleaning procedures in the laboratory setting.
- Routinely cleans public and non-public restrooms and locker rooms.
- Performs between case and terminal cleaning in both the in-patient and out-patient in special procedure areas.
- Cleans the pharmacy clean (IV) room.
- Reports all noted facility repair issues (wall patching/painting, ceiling tile replacement, leaking fixtures, burnt out lights, etc.) to department leadership and/or submits appropriate work orders.
- Maintains all equipment (cleaning carts, upright vacuums, pagers, etc.) within department guidelines.
- Performs general maintenance of hard/soft flooring.
- Follows departmental safety procedures with chemical and equipment use and reports any noted discrepancies.
- Reports any obtained or witnessed injuries to department leadership and submits an appropriate injury report as required.
- All duties are completed proficiently and within the designated time frames.
- Participates in all required trainings, meetings, and completes annual required computer based learning modules within designated time frames.
- Follows and is familiar with all departmental policies and procedures and monitors all department communication boards.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
· High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Must be able to lift objects and climb ladders.
Moderate physical effort.