All Shifts Available
Collects blood and other body fluids from patients of all ages, employees, etc. and inputs patient orders in computer terminal. Trained to collect chain of custody drug screens. Completes and scans all information and orders in the computer.
- Promptly greets patients and offers assistance.
- Obtains blood and other body fluid specimens from inpatients/outpatients of all ages, employees etc. as requested by authorized personnel.
- Operates computer systems such as enter orders into computer, charges, registration and credits tests as needed.
- Communicates telephone or verbal messages effectively and accurately with other hospital staff and physicians.
- Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission,
- Assists in orientation/training of new employees as directed.
- Participates in continuing education, meets requirements for all mandatory inservices.
- Assists in overall operations of the Lab, such as checking Lab supplies, cost effective practices and safety regulations.
- Promotes health and safety in the work environment.
- Ensures specimen integrity by adhering to appropriate lab protocols. (checking for IV’s etc.)
- Initial, date and record time blood was collected on all laboratory forms and specimens.
- Maintain patient confidentiality according to TMH’s code of conduct and HIPPA standards.
- Knowledge of use of personal protective equipment.
- Participates in the collection of special procedures, ie. drug Screens, cultures
- Presents neat appearance in proper attire with ID badge visible.
- Reports to work on time and meets acceptable standards for attendance. Must be able to work assigned schedule including holidays and weekends.
- High school graduate required.
- ASCP Phlebotomy certification or equivalent preferred, not required.
- Work experience and data processing knowledge preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills preferred.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Moderate physical effort.