All Shifts Available
Using independent judgment, perform a variety of procedures utilizing sonography equipment.
- Perform a variety of diagnostic ultrasound procedures, interventional ultrasound and sonographic vascular exams on outpatients of all ages, according to established standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- Perform a variety of diagnostic ultrasound, interventional ultrasound and sonographic vascular procedures on inpatients (General, IMC and ICU) both in the department and bedside via portable Sonography as needed, according to established standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- Perform a variety of diagnostic ultrasound procedures in surgical environment according to established standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- Perform Transcranial Doppler Exams.
- Maintain technical skills relating to imaging factors.
- Maintain an excellent guest relations rapport with patients, visitors, physicians and fellow employees.
- Maintain skills in performing emergency and routine patient care as required.
- Utilize proper infection control practices per the department procedure manual.
- Monitor the condition of equipment and supplies to ensure safe and efficient operations of the department.
- Ensure proper recording and transmission of patient information.
- Comply with department procedures regarding employee / patient incident reports.
- Review and recommend equipment / supply purchases.
- Participate in continuing education, meet requirements for all mandatory inservices and maintain knowledge of current and new technology.
- Capable of working independently and provide guidance to Level I Sonographer.
- Coordinate daily patient flow within the department.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- Completion of an approved ultrasound program required.
- Licensed by ARDMS or ARRT as either a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer and/or as a Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) required.
- BLS CPR certification required.
Memorial Traveling Support Team Program Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience practicing in specialty being considered for
- Minimum of 1 year experience traveling in specialty being considered for
- Must be willing to flex between any of Memorial Health Affiliate locations (mid assignment or upon accepting extension of assignment)
- Must be willing to work every other weekend and any Holiday that is observed over the course of assignment
Using independent judgment, perform a variety of procedures utilizing sonography equipment. Education:
Completion of an approved ultrasound program required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in diagnostic ultrasound preferred. Extensive experience with ultrasound equipment in terms of product evaluation, troubleshooting and quality control required.