Using independent judgment, perform a variety of procedures utilizing computerized tomographic equipment, CT related interventional equipment and post processing software.
Provide technological support of the CT department in the performance of various diagnostic and therapeutic CT procedures. Serve as primary liaison for Radiologists, CT colleagues, students and MMC Medical Imaging Department.
- Perform a variety of CT procedures on outpatients of all ages, according to established standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- Perform a variety of CT procedures on inpatients (General, IMC and ICU) of all ages, according to established standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- Perform a variety of CT procedures on ED and Trauma patients of all ages, according to established standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- Maintain technical skills relating to imaging factors.
- Maintain an excellent guest relations rapport with patients, visitors, Physicians and fellow employees.
- Maintain skills in performing emergency and routine patient care as required.
- Administer agents / pharmaceuticals under the supervision of the Radiologist.
- Utilize proper infection control practices per the department procedure manual.
- Ensure adequate levels of inventory. Monitor the condition of equipment and supplies to ensure the safe and efficient operations of the department; report problems to proper authority. Review and recommend equipment / supply purchases.
- Ensure the integrity of, proper recording and transmission of patient information.
- Participate in flexible work hours that coincide with workload demands, overtime required when necessary. Assume CT call.
- Participate in continuing education and maintain knowledge of current and new technology. Complete 12 CE hours per year in Computed Tomography.
- Review and recommend equipment / supply purchases.
- Capable of working independently.
- Serve as an assigned mentor to new CT colleagues, students and Tech. Assistants. Responsible for assisting with completion of new colleague orientation paperwork.
- Serve as a team lead in the absence of a Clinical Specialist
- Documented proficiency in advanced CT technologies
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
Yearly Achievements to Maintain Tech III Status (must have at least one documented proficiency each category below):
- Advanced technology competency
- Demonstrated competency with the requirement to train others in at least one advanced technology. Those technologies include but are not limited to:
- Microwave ablations
- Cardiac Imaging with comprehensive knowledge of anatomy
- Post processing software
- CT colonography
- Documented provision of at least one approved CE for the CT Department
- Documented member of at least one MHS committee.
- Committee must be approved by Medical Imaging Leadership
- Any documented corrective action forfeits the right to hold this position.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Bachelors of Science degree preferred
- Registered radiographer (ARRT-R) in good standing required.
- R.R.T. certification in Computed Tomography required.
- Active license required in radiography from the Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety.
- Maintain BLS CPR Certification.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in CT preferred.
Operational background and / or experience with CT post processing software.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Successfully completed training in complex CT equipment, procedures and software.
- Ability to coordinate day to day operations of the CT department in the absence of a Clinical Specialist.