Perform clinical laboratory examinations, proficiency testing, quality control, professional consultation, instrument maintenance and validation, testing validation, and testing management. Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values.
- Perform waived, moderate, and highly complex analytic processes (for which competency has been validated) in each section of the laboratory (including limited Microbiology) with the supervision of a Medical Technologist. This includes the pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic phases of such testing.
- After proper instruction, must be able to operate any laboratory instrumentation and perform any required procedure.
- Calibrate laboratory instruments to ensure accuracy of test results.
- Perform periodic maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values:
- SAFETY: Prevent Harm - I put safety first in everything I do. I take action to ensure the safety of others.
- COURTESY: Serve Others - I treat others with dignity and respect. I project a professional image and positive attitude.
- QUALITY: Improve Outcomes - I continually advance my knowledge, skills and performance. I work with others to achieve superior results.
- EFFICIENCY: Reduce Waste - I use time and resources wisely. I prevent defects and delays.
- Perform quality control procedures as specified in SOPs and maintain quality control records necessary for accrediting agencies and quality assurance indicators.
- Prepare, label and perform QC on lab reagents.
- Evaluate and resolve problems related to specimen collection, preparation and analysis.
- Utilize academic, technical, and clinical skills and knowledge to evaluate, troubleshoot, research, and resolve day-to-day problems that arise.
- Participate in or perform special projects as assigned by the laboratory manager.
- Enters and reports results in an accurate, timely, and confidential manner.
- Maintain accurate laboratory records.
- Perform internal and external proficiency testing.
- Maintain inventory levels and monitor supplies.
- Occasional clerical duties and phlebotomy duties may also be assigned as warranted.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Associate in Science or Applied Science degree in Medical Laboratory Technology required.
MLT (ASCP or ASCPI) certification required within 12 months of employment and maintained throughout.