Provides executive leadership and operational coordination for patient care services and nursing governance/practice activities within Decatur Memorial Hospital (DMH) in accordance with the MH mission, vision, values and strategic plan. Works closely with the MH Chief Nursing Officer to strengthen the culture of nursing excellence at DMH by implementing the MH Nursing Strategic Plan and annual tactics and measures of success. Has the authority and responsibility for matters pertaining to nursing practice, standards of patient care, patient care, operational processes and performance improvement activities in order to provide customer-responsive, cost-effective, and outcome-driven patient care. Develops and maintains strong relationships with MH colleagues, medical staff, and external stakeholders across the communities served by DMH.
- Ensure fulfillment of the organization’s mission and progress towards vision. Exhibit behaviors consistent with MH values, and ensure the strategic plan is cascaded throughout DMHDMH to achieve desired patient care and business outcomes.
- Build and lead a cohesive leadership team that works toward shared visions and goals. Provide guidance and support for members of the team through clear communication of essential information and expectations, creating team assignments that promote effective work processes, obtaining resources and personnel needed to achieve goals, and promoting team morale and wellbeing.
- Develop colleagues to their fullest potential, providing educational and developmental opportunities, constructive feedback and coaching to actively build leadership competencies. Annually evaluates the performance of direct report colleagues.
- Actively participate as a contributing member of the MH System Leadership Team. Collaborate across DMH and between MH affiliates in areas that will improve standards of care/services/processes and patient throughput which support an integrated, seamless continuum of care for patients and optimal patient outcomes.
- Actively participate on committees, working groups and task forces to facilitate DMH’s achievement of strategic objectives. Accountable for the achievement of DMH annual goals and tactics related to patient care delivery, clinical support systems and performance and outcome improvement.
- Establish and maintain collaborative and positive working relationships with key members of the medical staff and leadership team to partner on operational and strategic needs at DMH.
- Collaborate with the MH Chief Nursing Officer to provide a solid foundation for professional nursing practice at DMH including implementation of the MH Nursing Strategic Plan, nursing professional practice model, shared leadership structure, clinical advancement program, professional development initiatives and effective nursing care delivery systems.
- Develop and approve the annual plan for DMH nurse staffing and the provision of patient care based on changing patient needs and outcomes. Identify and implement care delivery models to optimize resource utilization in alignment with changing national and regional health care delivery and payor expectations.
- Guide efforts to maintain ANCC Magnet designation by ensuring compliance with all Magnet Program requirements.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to develop, implement, and evaluate programs to promote the recruitment, retention, competency, and continued education/development of nursing/patient care colleagues.
- Engage in strategic nursing academic partnerships to increase patient care resources at DMH.
- Analyze, design, improve and monitor organizational processes to improve safety, quality of nursing care and patient experience throughout DMH.
- Collaborate with Patient Safety to ensure that all areas of responsibility meet external regulatory, accreditation, and licensing standards.
- Develop annual operating and capital budgets for areas of responsibility that optimize the organization’s assets and resources. Maintain effective budgetary controls on matters of staffing levels, operating expenses and capital equipment expenditures; ensure cost effective operational processes and monitors the efficiency and effectiveness of programs and services.
- Develop and systematically enhance processes to ensure efficient and safe patient throughput at DMH.
- Evaluate, select and integrate technology and information management systems that support patient care delivery at DMH.
- Participate in facility design and implementation of evidence-based guidelines that support workspaces for DMH colleagues to deliver safe, efficient, high quality patient care.
- Participate in community outreach and networking opportunities to promote DMH including media interactions, local civic organizations/agencies, and activities that are aligned with MH mission.
- Perform other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Business or Health Care related field required. If master’s degree is in non-nursing field, must have a bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Doctoral Degree in relevant field preferred.
- Licensed RN in the State of Illinois required.
- National certification in Nursing Leadership required.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years progressive relevant healthcare experience, with at least five (5) years occurring in nursing
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive leadership experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of leadership experience in an ANCC Magnet-designated organization required.
- Accountability: Ability to hold people accountable to standards of performance or ensure compliance using the power of one’s position or force of personality appropriately and effectively, with the long-term good of the organization in mind.
- Change Leadership: Ability to energize stakeholders and sustain their commitment to changes in approaches, processes, and strategies.
- Innovation: Ability to approach one’s work and the organization in new and breakthrough ways, including applying complex concepts, developing creative new solutions, or adapting previous solutions in promising ways.
- Process and Quality Management: Ability to analyze and design or improve an organizational process, including incorporating the principles of high reliability, continuous quality improvement, and user-centered design.
Strategic Orientation: Ability to consider the business, demographic, ethno-cultural, and regulatory implications of decisions and develop strategies that continually improve the long-term success and viability of the organization.