Performs specialty functions in support of medication reconciliation. Obtains the medication history of patients by doing in-person interviews with admission through the Emergency Department. Performs second sourcing by collecting medication list and verifying this with a second source.
- Conduct scripted -interviews with patients admitted to the Emergency Department and/or hospital.
- Obtain the patient’s most accurate current home medication list, including prescription and non-prescription medications.
- Obtain the patient’s medication allergy history for patients admitted to the Emergency Department and/or hospital.
- Resolve home medication list discrepancies with an in-patient hospital pharmacist and/or an MMC approved second source of information.
- Accurately document the home medication list and allergy information in the Cerner Health Information System.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Possesses a current State of Illinois Technician license or is able to obtain such license within 60 days of employment. Applicants may not begin work without proof of licensure application, either electronic (Web) verification or hard copy of application.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board-(PTCB) except for:
- Pharmacy technicians who obtained initial licensure prior to January 1, 2008.
- Pharmacy students enrolled in an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Experience in healthcare field/retail pharmacy preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of brand and generic medication names, common doses and dosage forms, and common administration frequencies.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input data into the Cerner Health Information System.
- Effectively utilize drug information resources.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information
- Ability to set priorities