Conducts wide variety of laboratory tests for diagnosis of disease and wellness.
12 hour shifts available
Sign-On Bonus Options
Essential Functions and Job Duties
- Conducts tests according to standards. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of laboratory procedures in assigned areas, which may include:
- Microbiology/Serology/Molecular lab
- Blood Bank
- Prepares samples for analysis; performs prescribed procedures; reports accurate test results.
- Organizes and prioritizes workload; meets turn-around time.
- After orientation, operates, calibrates, conducts performance checks, and maintains clinical laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Conducts established quality control procedures on analytical tests, equipment, reagent, media and products; evaluates results; implements corrective action when indicated.
- Communicates and interacts with fellow employees; refers problems to appropriate personnel; keeps supervisor informed of unusual data or results.
- Participates in continuing education as required.
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation and make minor repairs.
- Ability to monitor quality control and patient results to identify trends, shifts and changes that my affect patient results.
- Performs other duties as assigned or volunteers.
Education and/or Other Requirements
One of the following active certifications is required:
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Board Certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technologist (MT);
- American Medical Technologists (AMT) Certification as a Medical Technologist (MT);
- Meet grandfather requirements under (Clinical Laboratory Improvements Amendments) CLIA ’88.
New graduates will have 6 months to obtain certification.
Frequent to continuous exposure to unpleasant/irritating substances. Exposure to hazardous and/or potentially injurious elements or conditions is considerable.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to work any shift and/or weekend.
- The employee will frequently be required to lift, push or pull weight of at least 5 to 60 lbs.
- Ability to attend to visual details.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, bend, and reach (70 to 100%).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move through and between nursing units to perform phlebotomy and Blood Bank duties.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to receive and comprehend written and oral communications.
- Absolute integrity in the accurate performance and reporting of results.
- Exercise discretion, good independent judgment, and reasoning ability.
- Ability to work under stress caused by turn-around times.
- Analyze information or data.
- Plan sequence of operations or actions.
- Make decisions of moderate to substantial