Performs general duties with assistance from other maintenance shops to provide maintenance services to Jacksonville Memorial Hospital as assigned. Assists in maintaining plant and equipment, systems, devices and apparatus in safe and proper working order per established policies/procedures, work order specifications and appropriate codes.
This is a Night shift position. [11:00PM - 07:00AM]
- Assists with corrective and preventative maintenance activities for mechanical and electrical equipment, systems and components throughout the hospital environment.
- Drives company vehicle to off-site buildings to perform maintenance and other activities.
- Inspects equipment and areas as required and cleans areas after spills and accidents.
- Moves and assembles furniture & equipment.
- Cleans mechanical and electrical rooms and properly disposes of debris and trash.
- Changes light bulbs & cleans light fixtures.
- Cleans screens and replaces filters in Jacksonville Memorial Hospital and off-site buildings.
- Operates miscellaneous power tools.
- Consistently follows all safety procedures/policies in completing work assignments.
- Maintains records, logs and other documentation as required in order to assist with maintaining hospital compliance and accreditation.
- Interacts w/ patients & hospital personnel in a courteous, helpful and cooperative manner.
- Maintains appropriate dress and appearance, projecting a positive image of Jacksonville Memorial Hospital.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- High school diploma required.
- Vocational classes preferred.
- Must possess valid Illinois driver’s license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy (five year MVR will be required).
- 1 – 2 years’ prior experience in maintenance or repair shop/service required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the use of hand tools.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand instructions.
- Good interpersonal skills.