Coordinate and perform all tasks required to acquire high quality magnetic resonance images. Ameliorate oneself in educational and technological ability relative to present technology and future enhancement of MRI.
- Perform a variety of MRI procedures on outpatients of all ages, according to established standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- Perform a variety of MRI procedures on inpatients (General, IMC and ICU) of all ages, according to established standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- Perform a variety of Neuro specific MRI procedures in support of Comprehensive Stroke Designation.
- Remain current with departmental protocol changes.
- Maintain an excellent guest relations rapport with patients, visitors, Physicians and fellow employees.
- Maintain skills in performing emergency and routine patient care as required.
- Administer agents / pharmaceuticals under the supervision of the Radiologist.
- Utilize proper infection control practices per the department procedure manual.
- Ensure adequate levels of inventory. Monitor the condition of equipment and supplies to ensure the safe and efficient operations of the department; report problems to proper authority. Review and recommend equipment / supply purchases.
- Ensure the integrity of, proper recording and transmission of patient information.
- Ensure the safety of patients, visitors and employees.
- Participate in flexible work hours that coincide with workload demands, overtime required when necessary. Assume MRI call. Participate in Mobile MRI staffing requirements as needed.
- Maintain current credentials as required by MMC.
- Participate in continuing education and maintain knowledge of current and new MRI technology. Complete 12 CE hours per year in Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- Capable of working independently and provide guidance to Level I Technologists. Assist with the instruction of radiography students and new employees.
- Manage phone calls.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- R.R.T. and or A.R.M.R.I.T certification in Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- Maintain BLS CPR Certification.
- Two (2) years of experience as a MRI technologist with documented skill advancement in the workplace preferred.
- Operational background and / or experience with microcomputer preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and guest relations skills required.
- Adaptability to ongoing technologist changes.
- Previous physics course work preferred.