Perform as ancillary support staff in the Cardiac Cath Laboratory which includes patient education for the procedures, obtaining patient’s consent prior to the procedure, and transportation to and from the Cath Lab. Work is performed under the supervision of the Manager and Supervisor in the Cardiac Cath Laboratory and is reviewed through observation and results obtained.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- One (1) year of experience in a healthcare setting.
- Transport patients to and from the Cardiac Cath Lab.
- Remove arterial/venous lines and maintain pressure until hemostasis is achieved.
- Stock the labs on a daily basis.
- Obtain consents for the procedures performed in the Cath Lab.
- Prepare patients for the cardiac cath procedure, e.g., (place EKG patches, groin prep, blood pressure cuff, etc.)
- Take call as scheduled, for removal of arterial/venous lines and assist with patient transport.
- Make pictures of patient images for cardiac surgery, copy digital images onto CDs, when requested.
- Serve as a Cath Lab liaison on AM Admission to help facilitate the prompt arrival of patients to the Cath Lab.
- Adhere to behavioral standards.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.