Assists with support of efficient and effective packaging and handling of sterile medical products. Completes training in areas of picking supplies for cases, phones, transporting case carts, and passes a competency requirement of the department. At the completion of orientation, successfully prepares case carts and the processes associated. Participates in activities to analyze and improve sterile processing performance and support safety.
- Consults with Manager, Sterile Processing or Sterile Processing Lead Technician to facilitate daily plan for instrumentation need and turnaround.
- Collaborates with instrument nursing and equipment tech personnel to actively contribute to instrumentation turnaround planned for specific surgical cases are available and prepared for use.
- Examines the surgical environment for conditions that pose a safety risk and takes action to minimize risk.
- Demonstrates (verbally and nonverbally) a willingness to support organizational change and assists with the development of a plan to accomplish change(s). Functions to support a culture of teamwork and safety.
- Complies with safety principles. Recognizes and reports unsafe conditions and contributes to their resolution.
- Handles floor stock medications or medications delivered from pharmacy directly or through the pneumatic tube system. Relocates these medications, in original containers, to designated secure storage locations or delivers to appropriate licensed staff.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- Graduation from high school (or the equivalent) is preferred.
Successful completion of orientation programs and competency requirements is required within 30 days of job placement
- Knowledgeable in the storage, handling and distribution of sterile medical products.
- Demonstrates knowledge of surgical attire, aseptic technique, event-related sterility, monitoring of environmental conditions, traffic patterns and other practices influencing maintenance of a sterile field.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fire safety and evacuation routes.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic proficiency with personal computers and their associated applications.
- Possesses the ability to regularly lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task autonomously while working on multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Demonstrates creativity, flexibility and ability to resolve atypical problems.