Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse the Nurse Tech functions as a member of the patient care team to provide care to a designated group of patients.
- Initiates suggestions to RN to clarify, alter, or individualize nursing care for changing patient needs.
- Demonstrates competent performance & completion of technical skills within scope of nursing technician.
- Reinforces patient teaching relative to presenting conditions.
- Assures that department is survey-ready at all times.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the patient care team.
- Promotes cooperation and teamwork between departments.
- Documents care provided in the medical record according to policies & procedures.
- Becomes familiar with all aspects and requirements of patient’s medical record.
- Provides safe patient care during patient transport utilizing appropriate protocols.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Current CNA certification required.
- Healthcare Provider or Instructor BLS certification required within 30 days of hire.