The Nurse Manager operates within the Springfield Memorial Hospital and Nursing Division mission, vision, strategic priorities and goals. Utilizing a shared leadership philosophy, the Nurse Manager assumes 24-hour accountability for unit management and the quality of patient care on a designated unit(s). The Nurse Manager creates and maintains a work environment conducive to effective communication, collaboration, teambuilding and nursing professionalism. She/he ensures the enculturation of the Magnet Program requirements on the unit. She/he assures that care provided on the unit is appropriate to the age of the patients served and that staff are competent to provide safe, quality, evidence-based nursing care. She/he maintains positive physician and interdepartmental relationships as well as positive employee morale.
· BSN required; Master’s degree preferred.
· Current Illinois RN licensure required.
· Holds national specialty nursing certification in clinical area or nursing administration, or completes within 24 months of assuming role.
· At least three years experience in acute care nursing as a registered nurse with demonstrated progressive leadership/management skills.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program model and standards.
· Demonstrated understanding of nurse-sensitive quality indicators and basic hospital/nursing regulatory requirements.