Full-Time, Part-Time and PRN Available
All Shifts Available
Maintains a safe and secure environment for patients, visitor, employees, and physicians. Provides a visible presence while patrolling and inspecting the property. Intervenes in difficult and sometimes physical situations to ensure the safety of patients, visitors, employees and physicians.
- Patrols buildings and grounds including fixed posts, walking patrols, or mobile patrols using company vehicle to travel around and between Memorial locations.
- Provides a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities, or suspicious activities.
- Intercedes in disputes between individuals by using verbal de-escalation techniques and skills to diffuse potentially violent patient, employee, or visitor situations.
- Physically manages combative, violent persons who criminally endanger staff, physicians, patients or visitors.
- Participates in property control procedures (accepts, records, stores, returns, or releases to authorized persons) for patient valuables, accounting details, and morgue details.
- Responds to emergency situations, emergency codes and alarms.
- Detains unauthorized individuals as defined by policy or state law, and releases them to the proper authorities.
- Assists air medical teams and transports airlifted patients between helipad and hospital.
- Controls parking and traffic flow and enforces parking regulations.
- Provides visitor and employee escorts as appropriate.
- Reports any conditions that might constitute a security or safety hazard.
- Provides access control to restricted spaces by locking and unlocking doors.
- Investigates and reports on any suspicious activity or persons.
- Obtains written or oral statements related to incidents on MHS property.
- Prepares incident reports.
- Assists local law enforcement agencies during investigations or emergencies.
- High School Diploma, or the equivalency, is required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification within 30 days of job placement is required.
- Must possess valid Illinois driver’s license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy. Five year MVR will be required). Must be able to operate automatic shift vehicle.
- Minimum 1 year experience in security, military or law enforcement is strongly preferred.
- Skill in effectively communicating, verbally and in writing, with a diverse range of people including the proper handling of emotional situations and needs is required.
- Skill in using customer service and active listening techniques is required.
- Skill in applying de-escalation techniques is required.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is required.
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations quickly and effectively is required.
- Ability to physically perform sustained foot patrols, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, lifting patients, and restraining patients or prisoners as necessary is required.
- Ability to operate computer systems including Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook) is required.