Coordinates workforce development programs from start to finish, including quality and ownership of the project management, processes and lifecycles, and program evaluations. Provides support, administration, implementation, and coordination of workforce development programs within Memorial Health.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, organization development, communication, healthcare administration, or related field required. Master’s degree in business administration, organization Development or other related field preferred.
- Previous experience in Secondary education, human resources, organizational development, or project management required.
- Association for Talent Development Improving Human Performance Certificate, required within two years’ of hire.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in human resources, organization development or similar area or three years’ project management, process improvement, or other similar experience required.
- Demonstrate assessment, consultation and excellent human relation skills to work with a broad range of people in diverse settings, both internal and external to MHS.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate all processes related to project management activities including creating project documentation and creating/managing project schedule, directing and managing project work, monitoring and controlling project activities and value, and conductin thorough closure and handoff to operations.
- Demonstrate ability to evaluate and measure the quantitative and qualitative impact of educational initiatives to make sound, data-based decisions and show return on investment.
- Demonstrated outstanding written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer/technical skills with reporting and presentation tools utilizing Microsoft Office applications.
- Outstanding organizational abilities to manage multiple priorities.
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills; motivation skills, demonstrate initiative and ability to self-direct and adapt.
- Exhibits assessment, consultation and excellent human relations skills to work with a broad range of people in diverse settings, both internal and external to Memorial Health
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Creatively solves issues utilizing critical thinking skills within appropriate parameters
- Demonstrates technical acumen and proficiency with web-enabled systems and resources
- Superior planning and organizational skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple projects with varying deadlines at one time with strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills with high proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to maintain flexible schedule to meet business needs
Passion for working with high school students who seek to explore healthcare career opportunities
Represents Memorial Health at high school career and education fairs
Collaborates with high school administration and staff to analyze, design, develop, implement and execute relevant workforce development pipeline programs pertinent to the healthcare sector.
Increases partnerships with K-12 academic institutions and develops career awareness programs to increase student interest in healthcare careers
Facilitates high school job shadowing opportunities
Serves as program manager of workforce development programs. Develops project plans and creates applicable timelines, determines human, facilities, budgetary and equipment resource requirements and schedules activities for workforce development programs and processes. Ensures that all projects are appropriately documented, planned, controlled, communicated and executed, as well as coordinating evaluation processes to promote continuous improvement.
Manages the process with internal and external customers regarding various workforce development programs. Responsible for administration of programs, which may include applications, contracts, payments, recommendation of usage of funds, communication with customers, and tracking of funds related to these programs. Works in conjunction with Human Resources, Legal and Finance to ensure all work is created, executed and maintained in compliance with MHS standards. Works in partnership with the health system’s Foundations to create and manage scholarship and certification opportunities to support workforce development needs in the organization. Ensures appropriate communication to affected employee, leader and involved parties. Responsible for ongoing maintenance of records related to these programs.
Works in conjunction with other Organization Development colleagues to collaborate on the design, development and implementation of healthcare workforce development programs and processes to improve depth, quality and engagement of talent in the organization and the community to help meet current and future demands, and support the strategies and business goals of the health system.
Serves as instructional designer and learning facilitator for employee and leader learning related to workforce development programs by actively participating in the development of innovative, experience-driven programs that will equip leaders and employees with the knowledge needed to be effective in supporting and utilizing workforce development at MHS. Responsible for utilizing effective processes and systems to deliver consistent, effective, and professional learning.
Coordinates development of queries, metrics and reports, both ad hoc and scheduled to provide meaningful reports for use with clients. Identify and compile data related to applicable projects. Works with other departments to gather responses for queries and prepares information to share with colleagues for their reports and work proposals. Responsible for design, delivery and communication of quarterly report to assess and articulate utilization of programs, which contributes to division’s quarterly scorecard.
Evaluates effectiveness of programs and services, provides recommendations for improvement, and makes adjustments accordingly. Reports and analyzes metrics in order to understand utilization, impact, and improvement opportunities. Responsible for identifying problems, evaluating issues, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing conclusions to resolve issues related to organization development programs. Assists Organization Development colleagues with development and implementation of data tracking system; assists with communication of return on investment of workforce development programs.
Requisitions supplies and equipment as needed for learning opportunities and programs. Assists in the care and maintenance of department equipment, supplies, and the Memorial Center for Learning and Innovation.
Serves as a thought partner and committed resource to ensure that MHS is able to develop the capabilities and capacities of our healthcare workforce to meet current and future business demands and promotes a culture of continuous learning and improvement to support the strategies and goals of Memorial Health System.
Manages large amounts of sensitive, confidential information concerning personnel, financial, strategic, and business information contained in minutes, letters and other documents, as well as through meetings, discussions and interventions. Maintains strict confidentiality concerning all correspondence and job related activities. Develops and maintains productive relationships with System Leadership Team, leaders, and employees, to aid in MHS goal and objective accomplishment.
Supports the overall mission and strategic direction of Memorial Health System. Ensure the vision, values, strategies and goals are embedded into learning plans and cascaded throughout the organization.
Participates in community outreach and networking programs to support Memorial’s Center for Learning and Innovation to include conducting tours of the facilities, participating in public relations activities, and performing community service in support of Memorial Health System.
Serves as resource person on committees, task forces, meetings and activities to assist the hospital and system achieve strategic objectives.
Develops annual goals consistent with Memorial Health System’s Strategic Plan and Goals, and monitors the status of goal achievement utilizing 30 day action plans.
Maintains professional affiliations as appropriate. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in education programs, current literature, in-service meetings/ seminars, and workshops.
Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.