Using independent judgment, perform a variety of procedures utilizing computerized tomographic equipment. Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values.
- Perform a variety of CT procedures on outpatients of all ages, according to established standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- Perform a variety of CT procedures on inpatients (General, IMC and ICU) of all ages, according to established standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- Perform a variety of CT procedures on ED and Trauma patients of all ages, according to established standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- Maintain technical skills relating to imaging factors.
- Maintain an excellent guest relations rapport with patients, visitors, Physicians and fellow employees.
- Maintain skills in performing emergency and routine patient care as required.
- Administer agents / pharmaceuticals under the supervision of the Radiologist.
- Utilize proper infection control practices per the department procedure manual.
- Ensure adequate levels of inventory. Monitor the condition of equipment and supplies to ensure the safe and efficient operations of the department; report problems to proper authority. Review and recommend equipment / supply purchases.
- Ensure the integrity of, proper recording and transmission of patient information.
- Participate in flexible work hours that coincide with workload demands, overtime required when necessary. Assume CT call.
- Participate in continuing education and maintain knowledge of current and new technology. Complete 12 CE hours per year in Computed Tomography.
- Review and recommend equipment / supply purchases.
- Capable of working independently and to provide guidance to Level I Technologists, new employees and students.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
Bachelors of Science degree preferred
- Registered radiographer (ARRT-R) in good standing required.
- R.R.T. certification in Computed Tomography required.
- Active license required in radiography from the Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety.
- Maintain BLS CPR Certification.
Excellent interpersonal and guest relations skills required.