Plans, administers and manages all department activities related to housekeeping, linen distribution, and compliance with the standards established by regulatory agencies and Springfield Memorial Hospital. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified approach to patient care.
- Manages all department activities related to housekeeping, linen distribution, and compliance with the standards established by regulatory agencies and Springfield Memorial Hospital.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified approach to patient care.
- Delivers strong operational performance by executing against regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations and completing environmental services quality assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal environmental services.
- Manages staff including selection, training, and performance evaluation. Conducts annual performance appraisals. Initiates corrective action or termination as necessary.
- Drives patient satisfaction and maintains client relationships.
- Ensures compliance with appropriate infection prevention, safety, OSHA Joint Commission and regulatory standards.
- Drives company vehicle around and between SMH main campus and outlying buildings.
- Makes recommendations to department director for annual budget. Monitors and manages budget variances.
- Gathers competitive bids for contracted services.
- Notifies and coordinates contractors in proper time frames to perform contracted services, 7 days a week with general maintenance and construction clean ups.
- Assists with maintenance and repair of EVS tools and equipment, keeping these in good working order.
- Supervises, staffs, trains and manages the performance of the Environmental Services Supervisors and/or front line staff, including conducting applicable rounding. Provides performance feedback, corrective action, coaching and other personnel related functions for employees.
- Tours and inspects the facility to ensure total quality management requirements in environmental services.
- Coordinates the activities of the staff to ensure efficient and cost-effective utilization of staff, materials, and equipment.
- Maintains effective business relationships through the performance of rounding on employees, managerial customers and others.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
• Associates Degree in related field required. High school diploma coupled with three (3) years of environmental services leadership experience may be considered in lieu of Associate’s degree.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Must possess valid Illinois drivers license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy (five year MVR will be required). Must have availability of personal vehicle with proof of insurance.
• CHESP – Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional through the American Hospital Association preferred
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience in environmental services management within a healthcare/hospital environment or seven (7) years’ experience in general/commercial janitorial management required.
• Skilled in supporting and motivating staff.
• Working knowledge of infection prevention techniques.
• Knowledge of operation and maintenance of mechanical equipment such as automatic scrubbers/burnishers, carpet extractors, conventional floor machines, etc. is required.
• Strong communication (listening, verbal and written), customer-service, organization and planning skills.
• Complete knowledge of pertinent regulatory agencies and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that applies to the healthcare environment.
• Interpret and follow technical instructions; complete assignments timely; showing a sense of urgency.
• May be required to work beyond regular business hours to meet business needs.