The Physical Therapist Assistant I is responsible for providing physical therapy treatment to patients of all ages under the direction and supervision of physical therapist. All procedures are carried out in accordance with established standards, policies, protocols and guidelines.
- Carries out patient care program as established by the therapist.
- Performs treatment procedures safely and in accordance with APTA standards and department policies.
- Communicates with the Physical Therapist and other team members to assure effective teamwork within the work setting.
- Participates in patient care documentation.
- Maintains the environment and departmental equipment in a neat, functional and safe order.
- Demonstrates support for and participates as requested in accomplishing MHS, departmental and team goals and objectives.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- PTA license in the State of Illinois or license pending with a valid Letter of Authorization to practice as a physical therapist assistant in the State of Illinois required. The maximum allowable time to practice in a license pending status under the Letter of Authorization is 6 months per licensing regulations.
- CPR Certification preferred.
- If applicable, must possess valid Illinois drivers license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy (5 year MVR will be required).
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with patients, families, peer and other team members as needed for assessment, intervention, and professional development.
- Must be physically able to lift, support, move patients 50 – 100 lbs.
- Universal Precautions Category I